Since the release of version 0.5 of my MapInfo Window Manager I have been working on the new version which will be Version 1.0 and to be released soon. It has some new features, bug fixes and a improved UI.
Some Screenshots and feature run down:
Windows Tab: (Shows Open Windows)
- Double click to bring window to the front.
- F2 turns on rename function for the selected window.
- Supports all windows types, even info and stat windows. (Version 0.5 just supported Maps and Layouts)
- Groups can be sorted alphabetically in ascending or descending order. (A and D buttons)
- Groups can be sorted individually.
- All windows can be cloned except for Special windows.
- Shows count of windows open in each group.
- Windows can be locked to stop accidental closing.
- Fancy icons :)
Closed Windows Tab: (shows closed windows allows them to be reopened)
Credit to Peter Horsboll Moller of PBBI MapInfo for this idea, which came from his MapBasic Window Helper tool.
- Records all windows as they are closed, letting you restore the window later. (Handy for accidentally closing a legend window)
- Double click to reopen window.
Settings tab: (Pretty boring just lets you change some settings)
- Allows the program to be auto loaded and the tool to be shown when MapInfo loads.
- Allows the program to store the position of itself.
About Tab: (Pretty boring also, just some info about the app and where to contact me)
- It’s an about page, what features can it have!? :)
I have been testing my Window Manager at home and at work, I use it almost everyday, and with some people that I know.
However I would like to get some more testing done by some other people to make sure that Version 1.0 is good and stable. I am also still look out for anymore ideas that I could throw into Version 1.0.
If you would like to give the beta a test and do some bug hunting for me, or likewise if you have a feature you would like to see rolled into Version 1.0, please contact me on here or by email (which you can see in the about tab page screenshot above)
Just for fun:
Here is a comparison screenshot of the old and new one: